protein prediction and Computers

Jeffrey A. Messer jamesser at christa.unh.edu
Tue Mar 5 16:28:22 EST 1996

Craig Weiser wrote:

> Does anyone know a good secondary structure predictor, which can run on
> the machintosh?

I don't know of a program that can do this on a mac, but the following
URL has links to many secondary structure prediction pages that let you
enter a amino acid sequence and return the conforamtional prediction to
you via e-mail.

http://dot.imgen.bcm.tmc.edu:9331/seq-search/struc-predict.html

These programs are running on MainFrames that can probably do the
calculations and return the results via e-mail quicker than a mac could
do it locally.  I also came across a site that would return the secondary
structure prediction in a .pdb file wich you can view with RasMol or the
like.  Unfortunately I don't remember the URL.  Does anyone have any more
info on this site?
--
Jeff Messer
Department of Biochemistry - UNH