Wanted: Simple alignment software for education

Jan T. Kim kim at mpiz-koeln.mpg.de
Wed Mar 6 10:47:23 EST 1996

Dear all,

I am looking for alignment programs for educational purposes. The
software should not be too sophisticated and loaded with features.
Rather, we look for programs that produce an alignment out of two
input sequences in a way which is as transparent to the user as
possible, i.e. the scoring matrix should be made clear etc. It would
be ideal if the program produced some sort of display of the process
of constructing the path matrix, tracking the path etc.

I have looked at my favorite ftp servers for molbio software, but
it seems that they specialize in software for research rather than
for teaching.

I'd appreciate any info.

Many thanx in advance.

Kind regards, Jan T. Kim