Help w/Compaq Video Driver

Skip skip at cwo.com
Sat Mar 9 19:27:09 EST 1996

I have a compaq laptop LTE Lite 4/25c 486DX color monitor.  It is only running
16 colors.  When I go to set up to bump to 256 colors, it says insert windows ... disc no 1 etc.
I absolutely do not have the right driver already loaded.  I want to get 265 colors so I can view
gifs and bitmap files.  I went to compaq home page, but did not have a clue whjich program to download
plus would take 40 minutes.  I just need the one driver, please help me or tell me
how to get it bumped up.