Linux MolBio Software

Martin Kroeker martin at tutor.oc.chemie.th-darmstadt.de
Sun Mar 17 08:59:37 EST 1996

9224076 at ul.ie wrote:
: I'm posting this to ascertain whether anyone out there has compiled any
: sort of list of molbio/biology software that runs under Linux (the
: freeware unix clone for intel pc's). I've found this to be a powerful
: operating system for numerous applications including items such as
: Rasmol, DNAWorkBench and Raster3d.
XtalView, WhatIf, Mage... - any generic list of unix mol/bio/chem software
should do. At the current state of development, i would expect almost any
molbio software for unix systems to run under linux. Perhaps a list of
programs that _do_not_ work would be more useful, though i assume that it
would mainly contain either hardware (e.g. SGI graphics)- specific things
or commercial programs where the vendor does not provide either source code
or a linux binary.
Martin
--
Dr.-Ing. Martin Kroeker