Looking for: names/#'s of major medical software companies

Eric Ivory eivory at ix.netcom.com
Thu Mar 21 02:29:18 EST 1996

I'm new to the medical software market, although I'm a Silicon Valley
veteran. I'm trying to locate the names of major medical software
players, particularly (but not exclusively) in the area of cardiology
and/or testing and screening systems.

I'm newly involved with a company that has a PC-based, real-time heart
screening system that displays heart sounds in 3-D graphics. It also
has a remote data collection and transfer system that transmits data to
a central location for analysis and review. We're looking for
joint-development partners to help us take an existing prototype using
proven technology (currently undergoing clinicals with extremely
promising preliminary results) and distribute it worldwide.

I already have the following names:

 HBO & Company, Inc. (Atlanta)
 Softech, Inc. (Waltham, MA)
 Medic Computer Systems (Raleigh, NC)
 Cycare Systems (Scottsdale, AZ)
 Physician Computer Network, Inc. (Morris Plains, NJ)
 Health Management Systems (New York)
 Physicians Resources Group (Dallas, TX)
 Med-Tech (Westwood, MA)
 TDS Healthcare Systems (Alltell subsidiary)
 National Healthtech (ACS subsidiary)

I've also contacted the Healthcare Information & Management Systems
Society, who is sending me membership information.

Who am I missing? Whom else should I contact? Is there a central WWW,
Gopher, or other Internet source for this information?

Any names/phone numbers would be most appreciated. Please post to this
group or send e-mail to: eivory at ix.netcom.com. Thank you for any help
you might offer.

-Eric Ivory, VP Operations
 FlowScan, Inc.