Spike analysis

Eli Meir meir at zoology.washington.edu
Sat Mar 23 13:44:58 EST 1996

Are you a programmer?  If so, I have a bit of an offer.  I have a
program called Spike Studio that I used to market, but is now freeware
distributed over the internet (find it at sumex-aim, umich).  It does
spike analysis, though probably not the kind that you want to do.  I do
spike analysis with a spiffed up window discriminator to pick out the
spike, you probably want some sort of pattern-matching algorithm I
would guess.  In any case, Spike Studio reads in straight ascii data
and handles large files.  I am about to release a new version including
the source code, but I am finding that I have very little time to debug
it/support it myself.  Do you have a National Instruments or GW
Instruments digitizing board?  If so, would you be willing to try Spike
Studio out on that board, and get it to work (which shouldn't be hard
since it used to work and I haven't changed anything)?  In exchange,
you can get all the source code to a pretty nice program that can
handle large amounts of data and can do amplitude, spike timing, etc..
Of course you can get this anyway in a couple months when I release it,
so its no big gain on your part to do the extra work, but...  I'd
appreciate it.

Eli Meir
Dept of Zoology, Univ of Washington
meir at zoology.washington.edu