scnning gels and analyzing scans ?

dugenou qrn veuthey at
Mon Mar 25 10:11:47 EST 1996

Hello fellow biologists and relatives,

I am in the process of evaluating/developing/improving  novel software
apps to analyze
data obtained after scanning gels (protein, DNA, RNA).

The basic idea is to apply various sophisticated statistical tools to
evaluate relationships
between electrophoretic patterns (bands for 1D/spots for  2D) obtained
with various

The practical outcome is to provide a user friendly Windows App
integrated with pre-
existing image analysis software packages that accomplish more standard
(delimiting bands, positions, densitometry, integration,  etc).

I am particularly interested in genetic data (genetic typing, pedigree
analyses, PCR and
RFLP experiments).

If you are in the habit or need of scanning/digitizing your gels, and
are then faced with the
task of comparing samples, I would very much be interested in analyzing
a set of your
data.  The acceptable input matrix formats  are ASCII , Excel or dBase.

What may be in for you is the possibility to become a bona fide beta
tester and end up
receiving free software that may be very useful for your work.

Thank you for your help.
For replies and additional information, e-mail to ids at or
Vanya Loroch
Info-Discovery Systems
tel. +41-21-801-68-46
fax +41-21-803-25-85