SeqPup - Linux preliminary release

Don Gilbert gilbertd at sunflower.bio.indiana.edu
Sun Mar 24 22:22:01 EST 1996

There is a version of SeqPup compiled for Linux (elf code
format, Intel PC), now available in the subfolder
 unix/linux-i86-elf/ at the below addresses.

I haven't tested this thoroughly -- it contains the same
set of bugs that other XWin versions of SeqPup, and possibly
new ones.  If any of you Linux users of molbio software
have some time to kill, I would welcome hearing whether this
release will even run on other Linux boxes.  The Motif libraries
should be statically linked in, and it should run on Linux
systems w/o Motif...

 -- Don

SeqPup is a biological sequence editor and analysis program
usable on the common computer systems including Macintosh,
MS-Windows and X-Windows.  It includes links to network
services and external analysis programs.

You can obtain this release thru anonymous ftp, gopher or
http to iubio.bio.indiana.edu, in folder /molbio/seqpup.
Versions are available for Macintosh, MS Windows, and
various Unix/XWindows systems.   The Internet locators to
this software are

  <ftp://iubio.bio.indiana.edu/molbio/seqpup/>
  <gopher://iubio.bio.indiana.edu/11/IUBio-Software+Data/molbio/seqpup/>
  <http://iubio.bio.indiana.edu/1/IUBio-Software%2bData/molbio/seqpup/>

-- d.gilbert--biocomputing--indiana u--bloomington--gilbertd at bio.indiana.edu