Mac databases for env. monitoring apps

Gary Shigenaka Gary_Shigenaka at hazmat.noaa.gov
Mon Mar 25 17:55:23 EST 1996

Sorry, forgot to put subject header in the first time around...
Seeking information from environmental scientists using Macintosh
databases:
We are currently setting up a database for our multi-year monitoring
study on ecological recovery of marine intertidal communities from the
Exxon Valdez oil spill.  I would like to hear from others who have used
Macintosh desktop database software programs for similar applications,
i.e. scientific data storage, retrieval, extraction.  We are seriously
considering File Maker Pro 3.0 or Visual Fox Pro, and would especially
welcome input from users with experience in these programs.  Ideally, we
would like a program that would not require extensive programmer
support, but would be flexible and powerful enough to meet our needs and
grow over the life of this long-term (10-15 year) study.  Please email
Rebecca_Hoff at hazmat.noaa.gov and/or Gary_Shigenaka at hazmat.noaa.gov.
Thank you!