Linux MolBio Software

Martin Kroeker martin at
Sat Mar 23 18:31:39 EST 1996

Andrey A.Ptitsyn (ptitsyn at BENPC.BIONET.NSK.SU) wrote:
> I've got some other questions for the Linux discussion. We have purchased
> Silverplatter Medline on CD for LAN. Can we place those 4 CDes on
> a Linux machine? What clients should we need to mount disks on W4W or
I have not yet tried this myself, but at least some CD changers are
supported by linux - check the Hardware-HOWTO on e.g. or On these sites you will also find the SAMBA package,
which supports exporting of filesystems under the SMB protocol used
by MSwin.
Hope this helps,
Dr.-Ing. Martin Kroeker
Inst. f. Organ. Chemie                   martin at
Univ. (TH) Darmstadt                           db7p at