Bibliography for Word95

Dave Goldman dave at rsd.com
Tue Mar 26 20:11:55 EST 1996

In article <4j24gl$pqr at news1.h1.usa.pipeline.com>,
lantern at usa.pipeline.com(JLA .) wrote:

> I'm looking for a macro or template that will make entering bibliographic
> data into a Microsoft Word for Win95 quick and painless.  Does anyone know
> if such a file exists, if so, where I can get it.  Thanks
>
> Joe

Joe --

There are several commercial programs that can work with Word for Windows
to automate the construction of bibliographies. They have some significant
advantages over a set of macros. For example, with a bibliography program
you can maintain an on-going, personally-annotated collection of citations
for use with _all_ of the papers you write. And you can perform complex
searches of your citation collection.

Our program, PAPYRUS, has been updated to be compatible with Word for
Windows 95; some of our competitors have probably gotten to this by now,
too.

For more information about PAPYRUS, please e-mail me, or see our website.

For some pointers to this whole category of software, you might want to
take a look at
http://www2.ecst.csuchico.edu/~jacobsd/bib/tools/commercial.html.

-- Dave Goldman (dave at rsd.com)              Research Software Design
   503/796-1368, fax 503-241-4260           2718 SW Kelly Street, Suite 181
   The PAPYRUS Bibliography System          Portland OR 97201 (U.S.A.)

   Technical Support: support at rsd.com       Other Questions: info at rsd.com
                    WWW Site: http://www.rsd.com/~rsd/