telnet w/tek emulator for Win3.1

John Rogers jorogers at blue.weeg.uiowa.edu
Wed Mar 27 15:20:08 EST 1996

I am using a 486PC in my lab with Windows 3.1 and Trumpet Winsock to
connect by ethernet to a VAX computer running GCG Vers. 8.0.  I have used
NCSA Telnet 2.6 or 2.7b on a Macintosh to emulate tektronix 4014 and 4107
terminals that can be configured using the 'tek' command on the VAX.
This is useful for graphical output from GCG such as dot plots or
phylogenetic trees.  Is there a good telnet program with a tektronix
emulator available for Windows?  NCSA is apparently not developing a
comparable program for Windows machines. I am currently using WinQVT
because it supports copy/paste and was relatively easy to configure.

Thanks for the assistance.  Please email/post suggestions.

John Rogers, Ph.D.
Dept. of Internal Medicine
University of Iowa
jorogers at blue.weeg.uiowa.edu