Gregg B Wells wellsg at
Wed Mar 27 23:59:43 EST 1996

 In article
<4ip90p$cah at>, savino at sparc24 (Cathy Savino) wrote:

: > Hi all,
: >
: > I'm looking for some info about MacVector. Functionality, reviews, that
: > kind of stuff. Anyone???

MacVector does the basics adequately, but it does not seem to be an
outstanding program.  My pet peeve is that the restriction enzyme database
cannot be updated by simply importing a REBASE file.  Instead, one is
forced to use a MacVector editing screen to edit the binary restriction
enzyme file one restriction enzyme at a time.  My advice is to check out
other general purpose nucleic acid and protein programs.

Gregg Wells
Department of Pathology
University of Pennsylvania
Philadelphia, PA