Software for spectrophotometer (Perkin-Elmer Lambda 3A)

Achim Recktenwald achim at ibex.ca
Fri Mar 29 13:19:47 EST 1996

Dr. Eric R. Hugo wrote:

> Dear Bionetters,
>        Does anyone have or know of the availability of IBMPC software
> to interface a Perkin-Elmer Lambda 3A uv-vis spectrophotometer to a PC?
> We have said machine and currently are using some locally written
> software for an  Apple // computer.  I would rather have the spec connected
> to an IBM in order to make access to the data easier.  Befor I reinvent the
> wheel writing a program to run the spec I thought I'd ask to see if anyone
> out there has already doen this and would be willing to share or sell the
> programs.  The spec has an RS-232 serial interface and a relatively simple
> command language for I/O.  Thanks for any assistance.

In a lab I worked some time ago we used a program Lab-Notebook. I have
forgotten the name of the company. But I have seen lately that they are working
together with Jandel Scientific (www.jandel.com). Maybe you can ask them for
the address.
The program, we used an older version, was quite good and allowed to sample
the data at rather high frequencies.

Achim