telnet w/tek emulator for Win3.1

Massimo Delledonne delle at pc.unicatt.it
Fri Mar 29 13:52:30 EST 1996

John Rogers wrote:

> I am using a 486PC in my lab with Windows 3.1 and Trumpet Winsock to
> connect by ethernet to a VAX computer running GCG Vers. 8.0.  I have used
> NCSA Telnet 2.6 or 2.7b on a Macintosh to emulate tektronix 4014 and 4107
> terminals that can be configured using the 'tek' command on the VAX.
> This is useful for graphical output from GCG such as dot plots or
> phylogenetic trees.  Is there a good telnet program with a tektronix
> emulator available for Windows?

for what I know, the only vt100/tektronic emulator you can find in the net is
TEKTEL1B.ZIP (any CICA mirror in /win3/winsock/tektel1b.zip)
Mike Salmon (the autor) made a great job doing it, but sadly the program is not so good
under vt100 emulation which looks pretty ugly ... More, under vt100 you don't see the
cursor blinking .. you don't see the cursor at all ..
I think we should ask Mike to spend a little bit more time on it fixing these simple (I
hope) bugs :)
anyway the tek 4010 works VERY well with GCG ...
Try it .....

Massimo Delledonne