Molscript: one strand - two colors?

Anton Gluck gluc at ellis.uchicago.edu
Fri May 24 20:31:36 EST 1996

This is what I'm trying to do: I want to show the different effects
mutations of amino acids have by using different colors in a
Molscript secondary structure representation. And here is the problem:
how can I give different regions of the _same_ beta strand different
colors? With 'set planecolour' I can introduce different colors, but
they are true then for one whole secondary structure element. Helices
and turns can be broken up into consecutive pieces that are colored
differently without messing up the view (i.e. ---- turns into --|--),
but breaking up a strand gives ==>|==> instead of ==|==>. Did anybody
successfully try to do this? Any help or advise would be greatly
appreciated.

Anton Gluck