GDE and LINUX

Mr. A.W. Ashton aashton at rfhsm.ac.uk
Fri May 24 07:51:14 EST 1996

On 24 May 1996, Douglas Gordon wrote:

> Hello all.
>
> 	I have just installed Linux (Slackware 3.0) and I am looking for some
> help in getting the program GDE set up and running.  I have found the binaries,
> but the program says it is looking is for //libX11.so.3 and never starts up.
> Has anyone set up GDE on a LINUX machine recently?  I would appreciate any
> help.  Thanks.

it may be better to ask the linux news groups eg "comp.os.linux.x". I
seem to remeber questions like this appearing concerning Xfree etc but I
cant remeber the answer......

Alun Ashton
Dept. of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology,
Royal Free Hospital School of Medicine,
Rowland Hill St, Hampstead, London. NW3 2PF.
alun at rfhsm.ac.uk : http://www.rfhsm.ac.uk:81/alun/