Amino Acid Alignment Formating

James O. McInerney J.McInerney at nhm.ac.uk
Wed May 29 12:19:54 EST 1996

Jeffrey J. Huckaby wrote:

> Netters
>         I am search for a Mac and/or Unix SunOS program that formats
> multiple sequence alignments for publication such that the similar
> amino acids are shaded and the identities are boxed...or some format
> close to this one.

Have you tried seqapp/seqpup (all platforms incl MacOS) by Don Gilbert
at

  <ftp://iubio.bio.indiana.edu/molbio/seqpup/>
  <gopher://iubio.bio.indiana.edu/11/IUBio-Software+Data/molbio/seqpup/>
  <http://iubio.bio.indiana.edu/1/IUBio-Software%2bData/molbio/seqpup/>

This should do what you want.  Lots of bells and whistles.  Careful,
though and save often and it still is not bug-free.

james