Molscript: one strand - two colors?

Per Kraulis krpx at desmond.sto.pharmacia.se
Thu May 30 02:57:28 EST 1996

Geoff Barton wrote:

> Anton Gluck wrote:
> >
> > This is what I'm trying to do: I want to show the different effects
> > mutations of amino acids have by using different colors in a
> > Molscript secondary structure representation. And here is the problem:
> > how can I give different regions of the _same_ beta strand different
> > colors? With 'set planecolour' I can introduce different colors, but
>
> As far as I know this is not possible in the standard molscript, but
> it is something that many would like to do!!
> At one
> stage I thought Per Kraulis was going to merge the sources with
> his own developments.

So did I. Unfortunately I have not had time to upgrade MolScript with
this and other improvements that many have requested. I wish I could
announce that the upgrade is imminent, but no such luck; I can't promise
anything.

If Robert Esnouf is willing to give you his modifications of MolScript,
then my advice is that you try to use them.

Sorry about this.
--
Per Kraulis, Ph.D.              phone: +46 (8) 695 78 34
Pharmacia & Upjohn Inc          fax:   +46 (8) 695 40 82
PPC Sweden Research, N62:5      e-mail: krpx at sgikrpe.sto.pharmacia.se
S-112 87 Stockholm                 or   p.j.kraulis at bioc.cam.ac.uk
SWEDEN