Emacs Align mode - forwarded

Sebastian Bunka bunka at i112pc09.vu-wien.ac.at
Tue Nov 12 09:07:03 EST 1996

This from a recent mail regarding an emacs alignement mode:

Date: Tue, 12 Nov 1996 08:58:44 -0500
From: Jim Blandy <jimb at cyclic.com>
To: Sebastian Bunka <bunka at i112pc09.vu-wien.ac.at>
Subject: Re: Mulitple alignment editor

Could you forward this to the newsgroup?

------- start of forwarded message (RFC 934 encapsulation) -------
From: Jim Blandy <jimb at totoro.cyclic.com>
To: Marcel TURCOTTE <turcotte at chem.ufl.edu>
CC: Harley Gorrell <harley at ginger.imgen.bcm.tmc.edu>,
        Ewan Birney <birney at sanger.ac.uk>
Date: Mon, 11 Nov 1996 11:48:45 -0500
GNU-Emacs: featuring the world's first municipal garbage collector!

Ale hasn't been maintained since the spring of 1995.  I think that
Emacs isn't as great a foundation for alignment editing as I used to.  And
I'm an Emacs fan --- I worked for the FSF for three years maintaining

However, I've seen a spiffy multiple alignment editor by a group in
Germany, whose name escapes me at the moment.  I'm pretty sure Norman
Pace <nrpace at nature.berkeley.edu> knows about it, though.

Cheers, Sebastian
Sebastian Bunka                 ph. (+43-1) 250 77 4208
Institute of                    FAX (+43-1) 250 77 4290
Medical Chemistry               email: Sebastian.Bunka at vu-wien.ac.at
University of Veterinary Medicine - Vienna - Austria