Graphing on the Mac?

Lou Pecora pecora at
Tue Nov 12 05:47:03 EST 1996

rjh at (Robert Hohlfelder) writes:
> >This certainly is an active thread!
> > [snip]
> >I don't like KG's macro/programming language; it's
> >absolutely painful to use for any serious data analysis.
> > [snip]
> >      - Robert
> >rjh at
>         Heh heh.  I'm also an enthusiastic Kaleidagraph fan, but
> hate the macro language.  I'm currently doing some fairly complicated
> analysis that would be greatly simplified by the use of macros, but
> after spending hours trying to figure it out, I finally gave up.
> Writing a macro in Kaleidagraph is almost like programming in assembly
> language...  Has anyone out there actually written macros?
>         If Kaleidagraph has such a faithful following, perhaps Synergy
> would be interested in either simplifying the macro language or
> creating a front-end to the macro language...  This would greatly
> enhance the power of Kaleidagraph.

The Macro language is one of the main reason I gave up on Kaleidagraph.
The interface was fine and plotting was nice, but when I had to write my
own analysis scheme, forget it.  I couln't grok that macro stuff either.
Now, to its credit Kal. does have a function window in which you can
define 10 (?) functions. That might do for some people.

Lou Pecora
code 6343
Naval Research Lab
Washington  DC  20375
 == My views are not those of the U.S. Navy. ==

  Check out the 4th Experimental Chaos Conference Home Page: