'Looking for public version of smith-waterman"

Paul Hardy phardy at usc.edu
Thu Nov 21 14:06:55 EST 1996

> I will appreciate if anyone can help me
> get a version of the Smith-waterman software.

Smith-Waterman sequence alignment software is available at

as an extensible library with standalone programs for local, global,
fit, overlap, tandem repeat, etc., alignment.  That page also contains
a link to a sequence alignment web server, as well as online
documentation.  If anyone would like more information regarding this
package, please send me mail.

                            --Paul Hardy
                              (phardy at usc.edu)