Search restriction to N-terminal?

Francois Jeanmougin pingouin at
Thu Nov 28 04:46:24 EST 1996

In article <329CC8F5.655A at>,
	Harold Drabkin <hdrabkin at> writes:
>Does anyone know of a program that could search the standard sequence
>databases of protein sequences for a particular di or tri peptide
>sequence, restricting the search to just the N-terminal? For example,
>how many proteins begin with V-D, or M-V-D?

	If you have access to gcg, you can try findpatterns, with
a pattern like '<MVD' on swissprot or trembl or whatever protein
database you have.
	If you don't have access to GCG, I don't know how to
do that.
Francois Jeanmougin
Service de bioinformatique / bioinformatics service
IGBMC BP 163 67404 Illkirch France
tel :(France) 03 88 65 32 71 / (international) (+33) 3 88 65 32 71
e-mail : jeanmougin at
"C'est pas parcequ'on monte au banc, qu'il faut descendre a jeun." (Thiefaine)