Alternatives to Reference Update?

Richard P Grant rgrant at
Thu Nov 28 09:10:21 EST 1996

We have a WebSPIRS system.  It's only available to local clients, but you
might consider setting it up on your site.

If you're interested, email me and I'll dig up an address for you.

Malcolm L. Carlock (malc at gibbered:
} Are there any software alternatives to the Reference Update package?

} It would be lovely to be able to search for references via WWW rather
} than having to deal with the native Windows or DOS software that RIS
} currently offers, given the crash-prone nature of the Windows and DOS
} environments.

} I'm told that RIS won't have its WWW-based software ready until sometime
} in 1997.  Is anything else already out there?

} Thanks in advance for any info.

} Malcolm
} --
} Malcolm L. Carlock                    UNR Unix Administration and Support
} --Email:  malc at                --WWW:
} --Voice:  702-784-4637                --Fax:  702-784-4050
} --USMail: University of Nevada, Reno / Mailstop 180 / Reno / NV / 89557

Richard P. Grant                   University of Oxford
Nuffield Department Obstetrics and Gynaecology      FFPGP