science software (mol biol/biochem/biology) under Linux

Uwe Baumert baumert at
Tue Oct 8 08:34:19 EST 1996

In article <tliang-0710960921000001 at>,
tliang at (T. Chyau Liang) wrote:

> In article <5383lj$jd8 at>,
> krasel at (Cornelius Krasel) wrote:
> > More stuff that runs under Linux:
> >
> > - the fasta package (sequence comparison)
> Try this:

I'm running fasta under Linux and I must say, that porting was easy - but
I was not able to get every program of this package in ELF format - I had
to build a.out.

Uwe Baumert

Uwe Baumert
Institute for General Zoology and Genetics
University of Muenster                        Tel.: +49 251 834675
Schlossplatz 5                                 Fax: +49 251 834723
D-48149 Muenster, Germany          e-mail: baumert at