Protein visualization in SGI

Gerard Pujadas pujadas at quimica.urv.es
Thu Oct 17 12:28:14 EST 1996

Hi to all, my name is Gerard Pujadas and I would like to know if there is
available a free program for SGI which allows the user to visualize only
certain parts of a protein structure (for exemple a residue range,
secondary structures of the same type, etc.) from the full PDB file. I
would need also that the program allow to see the structure in a rich
format (ribbons, balls & stick, etc) and if possible combinations of some
of them in the same view. I have tried RasMol but aparently it's not
possible to do both.

I would be very interested to know if exist a protein visualization program
which reads files that could be previously edited to set up the view (MAGE
does it but the quality of the views is poor). The program sholud run on
Mac or SGI. Thanks in advances for your help. Please reply these mail.

* Gerard Pujadas                                                          *
* Biotecnologia Computacional                                             *
* Dept. Bioquimica i Biotecnologia         e-mail: pujadas at quimica.urv.es *
* Univ. Rovira i Virgili                   phone: 34 77 559565            *
* Pla=E7a Imperial Tarraco 1                 fax: 34 77 559597              =
*
* 43005 Tarragona (CATALONIA) Europe.                                     *