making restriction maps...

Humberto Ortiz Zuazaga humberto at momo.uthscsa.edu
Thu Oct 17 10:46:36 EST 1996

    PT>   I am looking for a program that will make
    PT> (NOT JUST DRAW!!!!)  restriction maps. As an input I would
    PT> like to give either relative distance of bands or even their
    PT> size (if the program is too "lazy" and will not accept
    PT> relative mobility). As an output I would like to get...  a
    PT> restriction map.

William Pearson has a set of programs (MAPC & MAPL) that can do this.
The programs are fortran and available on the net, but you'll need a
paper to grok how they work.

Nucleic Acids Research (1982) v10 pp217-227?

I've downloaded the programs, but don't have the paper and haven't
used them yet.
--
Humberto Ortiz-Zuazaga
Cellular & Structural Biology