Macintosh thumbnails of images software

Ethan Benatan ethan+ at
Thu Oct 24 07:43:21 EST 1996

In article <elinton-2210961939030001 at>,
elinton at (Eric W. Linton) wrote:

>We are creating by scanning and direct capture many images and viewing
>them in Photoshop 3. Dose anyone know of a commercial or shareware product
>for macintosh that will show thumbnail views
>of a large number of images at the same time.

There are a number of image-management programs out there for the Mac,
ranging from very high-end (for newspapers and such) on down.  The two
that I know well are out of date, unfortunately, but they may be starting
points: Kodak Shoebox (get it?) has now been replaced by another product
(different publisher) whose name I forget, but the folks at Kodak can
probably tell you who to contact (they sold the support etc. to the new
folks).  The other one is Aldus Fetch.  I am sure there are others.

A very cheap way to make small thumbnails is to use a program which makes
tiny thumbnails and uses them as icons for the images- you can then look
at them in the Finder.  I think that GraphicConverter does this; it's on
the usual info-mac mirror sites.

Hope this helped a little!

Ethan Benatan
ethan+ at