searching my own sequence database

Dr. Enrique Vargas Madrazo evargas at BUGS.INVEST.UV.MX
Wed Oct 30 13:34:37 EST 1996

I am looking for software that would allow me to create a relatively
small database of short sequences (300-1500bp) of our microsatellite
clones, and also let me detect duplicate clones as I collect and enter
new sequences in the database. A DOS/Windows/Win95 platform is most
desirable. Much thanks in advance!
Geoff Waldbieser

The IBI/Pustell V 2.0 for PC makes this work very nice. However this is
an old version. The MacVector for Mac (Oxford Molecular) too makes this.
You can search dna>dna, prot>prot or prot>dna obtaining an alignment of
nucleotides in the first case and of proteins in the two last one cases.

Best regards,

Enrique Vargas-Madrazo, Ph.D. (Research head)

Reg. SNI 14340

Immune Molecular Recognition Group
Molecular Biology Laboratory
Institute of Biological Research
Universidad Veracruzana

Address:		Araucarias 280, Animas
			Xalapa, Ver. 91190
Tel/Fax: 		(28) 125757
E-mail: 		evargas at / 								evargas at