DNA and protein consensus search software

Alexy Eroshkin eroshkin at vector.nsk.su
Wed Oct 30 06:06:51 EST 1996

To: bio-software at dl.ac.uk
From: eroshkin at vector.nsk.su <Alexey Eroshkin>
Subject: Re: DNA and protein consensus search software

On Tue, 29 Oct 1996, Wade Walke wrote:

> I'm looking for a program that can accept input of multiple small (10-20
> bp long) DNA sequences (possibly hundreds of different sequences) then
> compare and analyze them for various consensus motifs.  These sequences
> will not all fall into a single consensus motif so I cannot use a simple
> alignment program.  I what to know if any such program exists and if not
> is there anyone willing to write such a program given the proper
> incentive?
> Wade Walke
> dwwalke at scripps.edu

Our Protein Analyst does this (DOS version). Take it from:

(as self-extracted archive).

Dr. Alexey Eroshkin               Institute of Molecular Biology
E.mail: eroshkin at vector.nsk.su    State Research Center of Virology and
Tel: +7 (3832) - 647774           Biotechnology "Vector"
Fax: +7 (3832) - 328831           Koltsovo, Novosibirsk Region 633159