Sequence alignment documentation

Reinhard Doelz REINHARD.DOELZ at GWA.SANDOZ.COM
Mon Sep 2 01:12:39 EST 1996

burglin at ubaclu.unibas.ch wrote:
> > <andy.phillips at bbsrc.ac.uk> wrote:
> > I have been using gcg pretty outputs that I import into MS word as a
> > picture, then you can draw boxes, arrows, etc.  That way seems fairly
> > WSYWYG, unlike trying any of the other drawing programs.  It is however,
> > fairly crude. Good luck,
> then I import the sequence into Mac MacDrawPro (
> print setting set to "precise text" in preferences).
> when you use Courier 10, or Courier 12,  the

The "prettyplot" program which is a 'pretty' derivative with precisely
the graphics output that is needed. This  program  was written by
Peter  Rice  (E-mail:  pmr at sanger.ac.uk Post:   Informatics
Division,   The Sanger  Centre,   Hinxton Hall, Cambridge, CB10 1RQ, UK)
and is part of the 'EGCG package' which is available freely to all who
run a valid GCG environment.

Regards
Reinhard