FileMaker3.0

timmer at physio.emory.edu timmer at physio.emory.edu
Thu Sep 5 11:26:24 EST 1996

In Article<322DE8F3.7483 at iastate.edu>, <hsia at iastate.edu> writes:
> Hi,
> I am trying to set up a database for our lab.  It will
> contain information about clones, vectors and
> purchasing record.  I am using Excel now.  I would
> like to know if anybody compared FileMaker3.0 and
> Excel or any comment about FileMaker3.0.  Thanks in
> advance.

I've been using Filemaker Pro for this and several other lab type databases,
and I find that it works great.  The database was easy to set up, and the
final user interface/forms are easy for other less-computer oriented lab
colleagues to use.  I found Excel would work, but required more effort on my
part to design something that was accessible for others to easily and
willingly use.

Just my $0.02.
Cheers,
Richard Timmer