DNA software

Richard B. Taylor rtaylor at lonestar.jpl.utsa.edu
Thu Sep 12 09:04:56 EST 1996

Can anyone refer me to software that will let me do various tasks
on a DNA sequence such as identify restriction sites, find good
primers for sequencing or pcr, identify ORF's and translate the
reading frames, and do some multiple alignment?  I have seen a
program called GeneRunner, and I have heard about one called Oligo.
It needs to run on Windows 3.1.  I am asking for a friend who is setting
up a system.  I would like to know if you have used and like the
program, what the source and price are, and if support has been good.

Thanks for your help,

Richard

| Richard B. Taylor, MS          | email:rtaylor at lonestar.utsa.edu |
| Univ of Texas at San Antonio   | phone: (210)-691-5477           |