Does anyone has any ideas for programs for PC to make database for genetic changes...?

Ramu Chenna chenna at EMBL-Heidelberg.DE
Thu Sep 12 10:57:33 EST 1996

Pollanen Raimo J wrote:

> Hello
>
> I am searching for software to make databases (like Access paradox)
> for very large amount of data of genetic changes (sequences) and
> same time it should also include data of mutated animals...
> so ..it should handle a big amount of data...could I use Acces or
> Paradox for windows or something else...???

You can user SRS if you have your data in ascii format
like embl or swissprot database.

SRS address is
http://www.embl-heidelberg.de/srs/srsc

and you can find more information there.

Ramu C                                 | EMBL
E-mail: chenna at embl-heidelberg.de      | Postfach 10.2209
Tel: (49) 6221 356229 (Res)            | 69012 Heidelberg
Fax: (49) 6221 387517                  | Germany
http://www.embl-heidelberg.de/~chenna/