Molecular Modeling programs on different platforms - table correct?

Alan Hewat hewat at
Sat Sep 14 12:27:50 EST 1996

mathog at writes:

> If I get a vote, I cast it for moving to WNT.  Not that I'm a big fan of
> that OS, but realistically, WNT workstations would be a lot more readily
> accepted by our undergrads then the current set of SGIs are, and getting
> other software for WNT machines (word processors and so forth) would be one
> heck of a lot easier and lots cheaper than it is for SGIs.

Do you really buy the same PC to do wordprocessing and molecular modelling ?
Your table illustrates why people buy SGI's for the latter (and PC's for the

Alan Hewat, ILL Grenoble, FRANCE (hewat at fax (33)