Molecular Modeling programs on different platforms - table correct?

Alan Hewat hewat at ill.fr
Sat Sep 14 12:27:50 EST 1996

mathog at seqaxp.bio.caltech.edu writes:

> If I get a vote, I cast it for moving to WNT.  Not that I'm a big fan of
> that OS, but realistically, WNT workstations would be a lot more readily
> accepted by our undergrads then the current set of SGIs are, and getting
> other software for WNT machines (word processors and so forth) would be one
> heck of a lot easier and lots cheaper than it is for SGIs.

Do you really buy the same PC to do wordprocessing and molecular modelling ?
Your table illustrates why people buy SGI's for the latter (and PC's for the
former).

Alan Hewat, ILL Grenoble, FRANCE (hewat at ill.fr) fax (33) 76.48.39.06
ftp://ftp.ill.fr/pub/dif     http://193.49.43.3/dif/3D_crystals.html