Molecular Modeling programs on different platforms - table correct?

Gustavo Glusman bmgustav at bioinfo.weizmann.ac.il
Sun Sep 15 05:26:38 EST 1996

In article <51cnf2$mr0 at gap.cco.caltech.edu> ,
mathog at seqaxp.bio.caltech.edu writes:
>Periodically I check the status of various molecular modeling/molecular
>display/related programs with respect to portability.  This is my latest
>table - if anybody sees any errors or wants to add something, please chime
>in.
>
>Listed alphabetically
>
>             MIPS      ---DEC Alpha----         Intel
>What         SGI       DU            WNT      Windows   GraphicsType

The main error I see here is that the Macintosh OS is not being listed.
I am not an expert in the modelling field, so I cannot give accurate
info, but I can say that there are various Macintosh-only programs for
modelling, some of which are fairly impressive - and that there's always
MacX for those Unix-based modelling programs that work via XWindows.

Gustavo Glusman               Founder/administrator of BioMOO
-- Gustavo at bioinformatics.weizmann.ac.il
-- http://bioinformatics.weizmann.ac.il/Gustavo
-- BioMOO: telnet bioinformatics.weizmann.ac.il 8888
           WWW:   http://bioinfo.weizmann.ac.il/BioMOO