Molecular Modeling programs on different platforms - table correct?

Gustavo Glusman bmgustav at
Sun Sep 15 05:26:38 EST 1996

In article <51cnf2$mr0 at> ,
mathog at writes:
>Periodically I check the status of various molecular modeling/molecular
>display/related programs with respect to portability.  This is my latest
>table - if anybody sees any errors or wants to add something, please chime
>Listed alphabetically
>             MIPS      ---DEC Alpha----         Intel
>What         SGI       DU            WNT      Windows   GraphicsType

The main error I see here is that the Macintosh OS is not being listed.
I am not an expert in the modelling field, so I cannot give accurate
info, but I can say that there are various Macintosh-only programs for
modelling, some of which are fairly impressive - and that there's always
MacX for those Unix-based modelling programs that work via XWindows.

Gustavo Glusman               Founder/administrator of BioMOO
-- Gustavo at
-- BioMOO: telnet 8888