Molecular Modeling programs on different platforms - table correct?

T. Chyau Liang tliang at
Mon Sep 16 03:09:49 EST 1996

In article <1996Sep15.102638.15204 at>, Gustavo Glusman
<bmgustav at> wrote:

 >             MIPS      ---DEC Alpha----         Intel
-> >What         SGI       DU            WNT      Windows   GraphicsType
-> The main error I see here is that the Macintosh OS is not being listed.
-> I am not an expert in the modelling field, so I cannot give accurate
-> info, but I can say that there are various Macintosh-only programs for
-> modelling, some of which are fairly impressive - and that there's always
-> MacX for those Unix-based modelling programs that work via XWindows.

Yes, you are right.
Examples of Mac programs (not available for Intel window yet):

Linus! Lite (from Univ. Arizona; Mac only)
GAMESS (PowerMac and Unix versions)
MolView (Mac only, window version maybe in the work)

There may be more......

T. Chyau Liang
U Texas-Houston