program for freezer allocation

Mark Heiges mheiges at
Wed Sep 18 19:26:47 EST 1996

In article <51nd1k$gti at>,
schuback at wrote:

> Does anybody know of a program where you can log in samples in a -80
> or liquid nitrogen freezer?  This would be for a mac!!
> TIA,
> Debs      schuback at

We made a LN freezer database using Filemaker Pro 3.0. It lists for $199
but you should be able to get it for about $99 with an educational
discount. Filemaker is very easy to use and you can create databases for
everything else you want to log as well. It can be used over a network
(TCPIP or Appletalk). We hooked ours up to WebStar so now it's
searchable/modifiable with a web browser.

_Mark Heiges
Department of Cellular Biology
University of Georgia