FASTA setting ktup

Steven Brenner brenner at mole.bio.cam.ac.uk
Mon Sep 23 07:23:21 EST 1996

cupton at uvic.ca ( Chris Upton) writes:

>Hi,
>  When running fasta locally (SGI), is it possible to set the ktup?

>I've tried a few things, but it doesn't seem to change. I thought this
>should work:

>fasta -someparameters test.pep lib ktup 1

Just omit the word 'ktup':

myprompt% fasta3_t -someparam mypep.fa mylib.seg.fa 1

(The above would run threaded fasta version 3; omit the t for
non-threaded and omit the 3_t for earlier versions.)

Steven E. Brenner                    | S.E.Brenner at bioc.cam.ac.uk
MRC Laboratory of Molecular Biology  |
Hills Road                           | Office:   +44 1223 248011
Cambridge CB2 2QH, UK                | Fax:      +44 1223 213556