Wanted: Non-linear Reg. w/Excel

Ian Musgrave Ian.Musgrave at med.monash.edu.au
Sun Sep 22 20:15:00 EST 1996

G'Day All

bornemd at aa.wl.com (Dirk Bornemeier) writes:
>From: bornemd at aa.wl.com (Dirk Bornemeier)
>Subject: Wanted: Non-linear Reg. w/Excel
>Date: Wed, 18 Sep 1996 15:53:56 -0500

>In the distant past (when I used to read this group fairly regularly) I
>remember some postings describing ways that Excel could be used to do
>non-linear regression (using Solver).  I didn't need that then, but now
>that I do I can't find anything about it from web searches, Microsoft,
>Baarns, etc..  Help ...

I have an excel aet of excel spread sheets to do non-linear regression
for logistic (concentration response curves) and hyperbolic (saturation)
curves. If you would like these examples, email me at the address in my
signature, and I will email a ZIPed archive to you.

Cheers! Ian

Ian Musgrave Ph.D, Prince Henry's Institute of Medical Research
PO Box 5152, Clayton 3168, Australia.
Phone +61 3 550 4286 FAX +61 3 550 6125
Lab: Ian.Musgrave at med.monash.edu.au <http://www.mmcc.monash.edu.au/~ian-mu/>
Private: Reynella at werple.mira.net.au <http://werple.mira.net.au/~reynella/>