Basic Bio Educational Software?

Konstantin Savov kps at florin.ru
Wed Sep 25 11:06:29 EST 1996

crawford at bscr.uga.edu wrote:

> Colleagues,
>         Hi! I am looking for a software package to aid my students
> in Bio 101 in learning BASIC biology. Any suggestions? Oh, they would
> like Windows95 compatible.
>         Thanks!
>         Gene Crawford
>         <crawford at bscr.uga.edu>

> Interested in Native American Sports?
> Don' miss the Toli Web Page:   http://www.uga.edu/~toli/
> * end sig.

If you are interested in nomenclature, biogeography, collections, take a
look at FLORIN (http://www.florin.ru/florin/).  It is an information
system supporting _basic_  botanical information in all areas mentioned
(zoological data can be handled, as well).  In particular, the system
supports rules of the Code of Nomenclature, collection management
procedures, etc.  So, students can use it while learning taxonomy,
maintaining educational collections, and so on.

Please, feel free to contact me via email for any further questions.

Sincerely yours

|       Konstantin Savov       |    DataX/FLORIN, Inc.    Moscow,
Russia    |
|                              |      Advanced Data Management
Systems      |
|     E-mail:  kps at florin.ru   |  Voice: (095)158-9520  Fax: