Blast search help needed.

Chris Kafer ckafer at
Sun Sep 29 15:51:27 EST 1996

I would like to be able to input several Kb of DNA sequence and have a
blast search against the protein databases and the EST database on all
ORFs over 30 amino acids long in all 3 reading frames in each
direction.  Is there a simple way to do this?  I have been retyping in
my ORFs and doing a search one by one against each database. Needless
to say this is a bit laborious!  There has to be a better way to do

Alternatively, a program that will translate in all 6 reading frames
and then put the >30 ORFs into a single text file would also be an

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Chris Kafer 	 Lab: 2228 Mol. Bio. Bldg. 	 Ph#:  515-294-8626
" is those who know little, and not those who know much, who so
 positively assert that this or that problem will never be solved by
 science."  Charles Darwin, from The Descent of Man