Solaris 2.x on a Pentium?

Herbert M Sauro HSauro at
Tue Apr 15 04:10:47 EST 1997

In article <5iu69t$403$1 at>, "Peter M. O'Donnell"
<pmod at> writes
>Albert Gold (bgold at wrote:
>: I know that SUN apparently makes an OS which clearly will run
>: upon Pentium machines, called X86, but that system is
>       nope. it is indeed solaris. there is solaris for the sparc family,
>: Has anybody tried running Solaris on a Pentium machine?  Does it work?
>       it absolutely does, and work very very well. bang the search
>[silly glossary chopped]
Some of us may appreciate a glossary from time to time, I'm an
individual with only a minor interest in what goes on in Bioinformatics
so the glossary was useful - thank you to the original poster. Please
ignore statements from those who wish to keep their area of expertise
clouded in mystery - I guess they think it makes them a better and
greater person.
>       uh, a lot of that was either wrong, or misleading. like i said,
>check out the faqs.
Well bloody put it right then instead of winning!
>  Peter M. O'Donnell   }    pmod at    { "If you are going to
>  A.U. Student,CNA,MCP {      pmod at       } walk on thin ice, you
>  "Clickity-Clickity"  }   po0115a at  { might as well dance!"
Herbert Sauro
Herbert M Sauro
email:     HSauro at
Telephone: 01974 282428
"He who cannot draw on 3000 years is living from hand to mouth" Goethe
"Ah, but a man's reach should exceed his grasp, or what's a heaven for?"
R Browning.