Perl Scripting in Biology

K.James bss194 at thunder
Thu Apr 17 05:52:40 EST 1997

Rubin Eitan (bcrubin at wrote:

: I am looking for a source of Perl scripts for bio-programming. At the
: moment I need a rutine that would determine of what type (DNA/Protein) a
: sequence is. Is there a good archieve for perl BioScripts?

Some that I know of are:

The Bioperl Project

Steve Chervitz's page

Will Fischer's

You might try comp.lang.perl.misc or comp.lang.perl.modules as the people
there are very helpful.

Keith James Ph.D. - k.james at  PGP 2.6.2i  Key ID 469A9FA1
Biodegradation Group                         *Encrypt and Survive*
School of Biological Sciences             Nightmare: Quake me up now!
University of Wales, Bangor, UK