software for clone management

Klaus Salger salger at
Mon Apr 21 14:02:27 EST 1997

Reinhard Windoffer (windoff at wrote:
: Hi,
: I´m looking after software(preferably free software) helping me in
: handling cloning operations, drawing restriction maps and so on. It
: would be fantastic if this program can even help me to chart existing
: clones. Any information would be fine.

: Kirsten

I don't know of any free software that would do what you want. But have a
look on Clone Manager from Scientific and Educational Software. It costs
about 300 or 400$. You can get a test version. Here are the addresses:

Mail:   PO Box 72045, Durham NC 27722-2045, USA
Phone:  (919) 471-6064
FAX:    (919) 471-0311
Email:  sciedsoft at

Klaus Salger		phone : +49 (0)89 5902 	-502
Zoologisches Institut	FAX   :			-450
AG Wetterauer		e-mail: salger at
Luisenstr. 14
80333 Muenchen