Solaris 2.x on a Pentium?

Steve Cole coles at
Thu Apr 24 21:44:33 EST 1997

On Wed, 23 Apr 1997, Jennifer Steinbachs wrote:

> Solaris 2.5 x86 may be stable, but Linux (esp. RedHat) is much
> more stable, has much more documentation, and is FREE :)

Horsepucks!  Show me the UNIX manuals for Linux, and I don't mean the
online ones! Show me more than a half dozen 4+ processor Linux boxes that
have been up more than 90 days under fairly extreme mission-critial use.
There's thousands of Sun boxes with those stats - hell, the Pentium Pro
has hardly been out long enough to try to prove your point, and neither
has Linux 2.x.

Steve      |President & Systems Administrator,  Kingston Online Services
           |(e pluribus unix)    Multiple-T1    URL:
           |Business and Education partners in SouthEastern Ontario
           |"Through the firewall, out the router, down the T1, across the