Molecular Modelling software?

Ingmar Reuter ire at GBF-Braunschweig.DE
Fri Aug 1 07:22:17 EST 1997

At 16:03 25.07.97 GMT, you wrote:
>It's pretty simple. I work in a Pharmacology department, and my life would
be
>immesurably easier if I had access to some sort of moelcular modelling
>program. Occasionally I design drugs, and occasionally do drug/protein
>interaction studies. But, my boss won't spring the major dollars for a
>modelling program. Understandable really.
>
>Now, if there is a share/freeware modelling program out there that will alow
>me to construct/piece together molecules from individual atoms (it would be
>nice if I could rotate them as well, but I'm not expecting this from
>share/freeware) that would be fantastic. I'm pretty sure I could then
convince
>my boss of the utility of a commercial purchase.
>
>If anyone has any info/programs, please email me or respond publicly.
>
>Thank You

You could try WebLab Viewer from MSI:
http://www.msi.com/weblab/viewer/index.htm

Here is what they write on their web page:

WebLab Viewer 2.0 is out!

The new version of WebLab Viewer has been released for Windows 95, Windows
NT, and Power Macintosh.
It includes numerous new features and impovements:

Property mapping onto surfaces (electrostatics, charges)
Side-by-side Stereo and Fullscreen views
Improved 2D to 3D conversion from ISIS and ChemDraw
High quality OpenGL graphics on the Macintosh
Improved crystal and periodic cell display
Ability to open URL files across the net
Better selection and grouping capability
Additional input and output file formats
Additional dynamic monitors (hydrogen bond and bump monitors)
Improved VRML graphics output
Miscellaneous bug fixes

Hope this helps,

Ingmar Reuter