don't follow link in nisibori Free Software ?

Gary Sheldon Thompson garyt at
Mon Aug 4 04:30:00 EST 1997

The following message has appeared on the news group

I have been told there is free software at
anyone know anything about this offer?

Now amongst other things is for the distribution of free
academic software for biological research, however when i followed the
link in the mail message I recieved the following web page:

your access from [] has been
this log can and will be used against you.

previous offenders (now under investigation by several
organizations): []
>>> many more name deleted

end of message

This is rather offensive as I am 'a ordinary citizen going about his
business'  and I am posting this message to and my
system administrator will recieve a followup as well

your sinceerely

gary thompson

 Dr. Gary S. Thompson           Address:
 Wellcome Postdoctoral Fellow   Biochemistry and Molecular Biology,
 Sheena Radford's Laboratory    Woodhouse Lane,
                                University of Leeds,
 Studying the structure and     Leeds, LS2 9JT.
 folding of proteins by nmr.    England.
                                e-mail: garyt at
                                tel:    0113 233 3134
                                fax:    0113 233 3167