don't follow link in nisibori Free Software ?

Gary Sheldon Thompson garyt at bmb.leeds.ac.uk
Mon Aug 4 04:30:00 EST 1997

The following message has appeared on the news group bionet.software:

I have been told there is free software at http://169.132.45.225
anyone know anything about this offer?

nisibori

Now amongst other things bionet.software is for the distribution of free
academic software for biological research, however when i followed the
link in the mail message I recieved the following web page:

your access from bmbsgi14.leeds.ac.uk [129.11.141.43] has been
logged.
this log can and will be used against you.

previous offenders (now under investigation by several
organizations):

bmbsgi14.leeds.ac.uk [129.11.141.43]
>>> many more name deleted

end of message

This is rather offensive as I am 'a ordinary citizen going about his
business'  and I am posting this message to bionet.software and my
system administrator will recieve a followup as well

your sinceerely

gary thompson

--
end

 Dr. Gary S. Thompson           Address:
 Wellcome Postdoctoral Fellow   Biochemistry and Molecular Biology,
 Sheena Radford's Laboratory    Woodhouse Lane,
                                University of Leeds,
 Studying the structure and     Leeds, LS2 9JT.
 folding of proteins by nmr.    England.

                                e-mail: garyt at bmb.leeds.ac.uk.
                                tel:    0113 233 3134
                                fax:    0113 233 3167