Translation program for PCs

francis at NCBI.NLM.NIH.GOV francis at NCBI.NLM.NIH.GOV
Tue Aug 5 14:12:42 EST 1997

There is also "ORF finder" on the WWW (ie all platforms that run
a browser) at NCBI:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/gorf/gorf.html

(you can also get there from our home page: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/)

It can call any sequence in GenBank, or allow you to copy/paste your
own.  It can use all the different genetic codes we support (presently
13 different ones) and presents a clickable output (6 frames) where you
can send the selected ORF to our blast server. You can save the ORF you
want to a FASTA file format, or GenBank format.

This perl of a utility was written by Tatiana Tatusov at NCBI.

cheers,

f.