Database of journal abbreviations?

Alex Knight aek4 at york.ac.uk
Tue Aug 12 18:40:44 EST 1997

Martin J. Gallagher wrote:

> Hello,
>
>    Does anyone know of a database that contains the correct journal
> title
> abbreviations?  Hopefully, it would include relatively obscure journal
> titles.

Here are a few sources:
The following URLs (the first a search engine, the second a text file)
list all the journals in Medline and their abbreviations.
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/PubMed/jbrowser.html
ftp://ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/jrdbdump.txt.Z

All journals referenced in Swissprot/ProSite:
http://expasy.hcuge.ch/cgi-bin/jourlist?jourlist.txt

You could also try:
http://biochem.arach-net.com/beasley/journals.html
http://mgd.cordley.orst.edu/useful_tools/abbrev.html

These are just things I have found while trawling around on the net. The
Medline list should find almost every biology related journal.

Anyone know of any other sources?

Alex
--
Alex Knight (aek4 at york.ac.uk)